Each temple varies a bit on some of these details. When you have made an appointment at the temple, they will send you a letter explaining their specific guidelines.
* Limit the number of people you invite to the ceremony to the number of people who can comfortably fit in the sealing room.
* Guests do not need to dress in white, but should wear Sunday best. Women’s pants are not allowed.
* Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
* If possible, an endowed female, preferably a family member, may accompany the bride and serve as an escort. If an escort is not available, a temple worker will assist you.
* The bride’s escort should arrive with the bride, groom, and witnesses 75 minutes prior to the ceremony.
* Both the bride and groom should bring two recommends issued by your bishop and co-signed by the stake president: (a) a regular temple recommend and (b) the Recommend for Living Ordinances.
* You must bring a valid marriage license. Be sure to check the guidelines for the state in which you plan to marry. (more…)